Mastering Slope with Buzon Pedestals
Slope is ubiquitous—sometimes intentional, sometimes not. Whether compensating for or creating slopes, architects rely on Buzon Pedestals’ top and bottom slope correction accessories. This post explores the distinctions between the two and guides you on compensating for slopes up to 15-20%, including creating ramps, some of which may be ADA accessible. With the Buzon slope correction system you can also accommodate locally uneven substrates.
Create a Raised, Sloped Walking Surface (Ramp) Over Sloping Substrate
This drawing details how to use Buzon pedestals with top and bottom slope correctors along with grating panels and porcelain pavers to master slope that changes magnitude and direction. Follow these steps to design a sloped walking surface (ramp) including a steep ADA-rated ramp over a substrate that slopes in different directions. This method works for slopes up to 5%.
- Level and true the pedestal bodies
- Attach the Buzon PH5 top slope corrector on the BC series pedestals
- Dial in the top walking surface slope in the direction of the ramp
Creating Inclines and Ramps With Slopes Greater than 5%
If the slopes are greater than 5% for the new ramp, tilt the pedestal bodies and heads in the downhill direction of the ramp as shown. You can see the pedestal bodies are tilted 3% in the downhill direction of the ramp to achieve the total 8% ramp slope.
Master Slope by Combining BC-PH5 and BC-1 Pedestals
Combine BC-PH5 base slope correctors and Buzon BC-1 pedestals to correct or create even greater slopes. Each added slope corrector adds 5% more slope correction. The BC-1 pedestal nests inside the slope correctors. Each pedestals and slope corrector combination locks together with pins/plugs. Add a top slope corrector to this combination to create a slope surface or ramp up to 15-20%.
Master slope with Buzon Pedestals: Crafting sloped surfaces and ADA ramps
Designers and architects often seek to create sloped surfaces, whether for rooftops, decks, pathways, level transitions, or wheelchair-accessible ramps. Leveraging the slope-correcting capabilities of Buzon pedestals, one can seamlessly create both level surfaces over slope-to-drain substrates and intentional slopes using the top slope corrector. Explore the guide on crafting sloped surfaces and ADA-compliant ramps in the “PH5 Create Sloped Surfaces & ADA Ramps” section of the Slope Correction Instructions and Examples PDF.
Buzon Pedestals Reference Projects
Many architects and builders have been able to master slope with the help of Buzon pedestals. See other Buzon USA West reference projects.
Distributor for Buzon Pedestal International
Buzon USA West is the Western distributor for Buzon Pedestal International. We carry BC and PB series Buzon pedestals and accessories. We provide sales and technical support at every stage of your project.
Work with Buzon Pedestals
Are you involved in designing, specifying, or building a commercial or residential terrace that needs slope correction? Or, do you need to build a ramp or transition levels? Then call on us to help at (503) 954-3336, email email@example.com, or click.